So we made another visit to Dr. Villanueva (Clara's OBGYN) on Thursday and things are apparently looking good. The little guy is for sure in the uterus (the fetus, not the doctor) and while the due date might be pushed back a bit (first part of November versus the end of October) everything looks normal.
See for yourself in the most recent ultrasound:
The darker mass towards the center of the image is apparently the enlarged gestational sac which contains a yolk sac and (supposedly) my spawn. We also saw what might have been a beating heart but it could have just been an artifact of the display. I suppose if you looked at these things all day they would be more meaningful. We're totally trusting that the doctor is telling us the truth - he could totally be making stuff up and we'd never know the difference.
Speaking of knowing the difference, on our way to the appointment we passed a Volvo which inspired me to ask the question, "what is a vulva?" Being as she is a woman, I would have expected Clara to know the answer. She did not, however, and we had to look it up on my iPhone. We did this while we were in line to order sandwiches for lunch and a large image of a vulva filled my little iPhone screen, clearly illustrating to me what comprises an human vulva.
While fascinating, I do not know I enjoyed my sandwich as much as I had not done this research.

No comments:
Post a Comment