
Part of my nervousness about the baby revolves around the fact I have been around so few babies myself. I still feel like I don't know how to properly hold a small child, their anterior fontanel soft spot terrifies me, and up until this past weekend, I had never really changed a dirty diaper. To help work through these fears I have been practicing with a stufeed Tigger given to our unborn child. This particular Tigger is about the same scale as a newborn, though it differs in the fact it has a tail, moves less on it's own and is slightly different in color. I know it's kind of rude to play with someone else's toy before they are in a position to use it themselves, but I figured my daughter would forgive me this should it help ensure I don't drop her foolishly, poke her head inappropriately or put the diaper on the wrong end.
No comments:
Post a Comment