
Ms. Clara and I made a final trip up to Austin this past weekend to make one last pilgrimage to IKEA and to visit some friends who had just had a little boy of their own. They were kind enough to let Clara and I practice handling the child and I for one feel much more comfortable about the act of holding a child. Clara is still a little nervous about the act of passing a child through her pelvis, but hopefully she'll get over that as well.
While holding this small child I was able to experience that wonderful little reflex babies have were they squeeze a finger in their hands with all their might. I also was blessed to experience that wonderful sensation of having an infant fart audibly while cradled in my embrace. The rumbling I felt against my arm reminded me that while I may be able to support the head like a champ, plenty of mysteries still exist.
No comments:
Post a Comment