Wednesday, December 2, 2009

t+1 month

How is it already the second of November? How is it my daughter is now a month old? How is it I've been a father now for a month and I still feel unqualified for the task? How is it 4:45am and we've already changed our child's diaper at least three times?

One notable event of this past week we had the opportunity to hang out with some other infants and see our little screamer in relationship to others. Doing this made me realize that maybe she's not really all that much of a screamer. Though it may be hard to admit it at midnight when she's hoarse from crying and glares at me with a furrowed brow and quivering lip, I think at the end of the day we have a fairly easy baby on our hands whose cries are relatively easily quelled and whose ability to relatively consistently sleep through the night in four-hour chunks is in a word, miraculous. And by selecting only the cutest, must endearing photographs to share, it's hard to describe are little bundle of poo as anything but angelic.

I hear tell that in the next month we can expect our first smile. I really am looking forward to that. As much as I pride myself on my ability to get her to stop screaming I think it would be much more rewarding to get her to start smiling. Having that bit of positive feedback would help Clara and I greatly. Not that we're in this only for the positive feedback, but some would help make us feel better about the job we're doing as parents.

1 comment:

  1. good job.

    oh wait... positive feedback from the kid... got it.

    ReplyDelete