Monday, February 23, 2009

while I have no worries about Clara...

We had some friends over for a Academy Awards party last night.  The Gildeas have an incredibly cute baby of their own which Clara has often pointed to as an outstanding example of why we needed to acquire one of our own.  Clara really enjoys the presence of babies and the little ones seem to genuinely enjoy her as well.  She can make the giggle and perhaps more importantly seems to be able to hold them without dropping them or snapping their fragile little necks.

I posses none of these skills and I tend to hold infants as if they were sacks of radioactive potatoes.  Infants seem also to be aware of my amateur status and express their displeasure accordingly.  I think my biggest personal trepidation is that I don't know what I'm doing.  Clara responds to this concern by reminding me she doesn't either and then goes on to point out that she is the pregnant one and that I should in fact suck it up.  I suppose she has a point.  And I suppose I have some time to learn how to not suck at being a dad.  Eight and a half months, apparently.

I am so in over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment