Sunday, October 25, 2009

there's an ap for that

According to my iPhone tomorrow is the big day. I am well aware of the fact that babies often choose to ignore their scheduled due dates and so I'm not holding my breath that tomorrow will be particularly memorable. Still, it does provide a good opportunity to take a moment, step back and reflect on the past nine months. Then again, stepping back and reflecting is pretty much the only thing that I've been doing on this blog.

I remember sitting in front of the computer I'm typing at now when I heard my wife's footsteps coming down the hall with the news that she thought she was pregnant. I remember when the countdown timer still read 200 days. I remember feeling the first flutters of movements emanating from within my wife's belly. I remember watching that belly develop into a cute little bump. I remember that bump growing into something more significant. I remember the digits counting down from three to two to one.

If all goes according to plan there will be many more significant memories to be made in the days ahead. It was the fear that the luminosity of those events would eclipse those of the past nine moths that originally motivated me to start this blog. As that original goal has now been accomplished I suppose I could retire this site or continue it until a time when my daughter would be mortifyingly embarrassed by its content. Of course It may already be too late for that.

At any rate, it's been quite a ride so far. And I hear this is only been the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Oh don't stop now! You're just getting to the fun stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete