
So we spent our first Christmas with our daughter quietly in San Antonio. To be honest, our little girl seemed fairly unimpressed by the entire proceedings – the tree, the lights, nay even the presents seemed to not inspire the least bit of excitement in her. Perhaps this was all for the best as the big adventure was to come the day after when we were to travel to Dallas to visit my family. Since she still doesn’t care much for the car seat, we had calculated that a half-hour of screaming on an airplane would be less offensive than four hours of screaming in a car. So it was that our daughter was to experience her first airplane flight, or at least her first airplane flight outside of the womb.
Despite the added complexities of traveling with a child (our days of traveling light are, sadly, over), the trip went really well. We kept her entertained on the relatively short flight and afterward a woman mention that our child was “the best baby she had ever flown with”. That meant a lot to Clara and I and while we know someday we will be “that family” that fellow passengers look at with disgust, it was nice to avoid that on at least the first leg of our first trip.
Once we were in the terminal in Dallas, I was given charge of our child while Clara ran to restroom. While holding our incredibly cute daughter, I received a lot of attention from my fellow travelers – especially the attractive young ones who always seem to be populating the airports of Dallas.
Had I known a baby was such a chick magnet, I would have had one long ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment