Alas, the judges did not consider my daughter's brave performance as worthy of advancement to the second round of judging. I personally think the process was rigged. I mean, she's so darned cute how can your heart do anything but melt? To add insult to injury they took all non-advancing videos off their webpage so I am forced to repost the video here.
Anyway I watched "The Road" last night with some friends and returned home to watch a bit of a TV documentary Clara was watching about a baby that was born three months premature. The movie, as you know, is an adaptation of the fun Cormac McCarthy book about a father and son's crazy romp through a post-apocolyptic Eastern Seaboard. Premature babies, as you know are small and fragile. Watching these two things in close succession drove home that which I already knew - that I am incredibly lucky. My daughter was born healthy and since then I have not needed to defend her from hoards of marauding cannibals. And when all is said and done, if the choice was between not winning a video contest and fighting off a famished anthropophagite with my bare hands, I think we would all choose the former option.
And on that note, Happy Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment