Tuesday, February 2, 2010

good morning

For as long as I can remember I've been a morning person. I like to wake up early and when I do I'm generally excited by the prospect of the new day. This is in stark contrast to Clara who generally wakes up pissed.

Our daughter seems to be more like her dad in this respect. Our weekday routine is for me to wake up around 4:00 and attend to any issues that need attending (diaper change, pacifier replacement, etc.) before handing off responsibility when I leave for work just before 8:00. It is, I must admit, pretty wonderful for my daughter to smile when she first sees me in the morning. This is especially true since my wife is more likely to scowl and cuss under the same set of circumstances.

2 comments:

  1. Its like sun shining on her face! Or... a lightbulb...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if she knows the difference at this point...

    ReplyDelete