So last Thursday we went for yet another round of ultrasound wand fun. Clara pointed out that while Dr. Villanueva is always very good about warning her that she is about feel "a little cold, a little pressure" it would, in fact, be more accurate to say "hey, I'm about to stick something large and plastic inside you." Nevertheless the news was good - everything is looking as good as it could be and we did definitively see a heartbeat. We have another image which, as before, proves that we are in fact the proud parents of a blurry grey mass.

My spawn is apparently the round grey mass inside the blackish oval in the center of the image. Then again we may be looking at my wife's bladder and we're just too dumb to know any better.
With the passing of two months and the heartbeat confirmed it is now socially acceptable to begin telling people we're expecting. Clara has done this with great enthusiasm but for some reason I've been more cautious. I've told a few people via email, but for some reason I haven't quite been able to tell people face to face. I wonder if there's something deeper going on here.
While I am of course still a little wigged out by the whole thing, it's not that I'm ashamed or don't want people to know. Perhaps it's that I haven't come to terms with my coming change in status and want a bit longer to reconcile my position as "future father". Maybe I'm afraid I'm not yet excited enough. Maybe I'm over-thinking this.
Yup. I'm definitely over-thinking this.
very congratulations!
ReplyDelete