
We made our three-month visit to Dr. Villanueva today and while he did not employ the ultrasound machine, he did pull out this fun little piece of equipment that consisted of a little microphone that was connected to a speaker clipped to his belt. As sophisticated as this piece of medical equipment no doubt was, it looked to me an awful lot like a Mr. Mike toy. Dr. V said it might take a moment to locate the heartbeat – apparently the little guy might have crawled down one of Clara’s legs or perhaps was hanging out in her upper chest cavity. Nevertheless we soon heard the heartbeat – 170 of them a minute to be precise – and we all breathed a sign of relief. Then Dr. V’s phone started ringing and because it was a musical ring, we momentarily thought our fetus had installed a sound system in my wife’s womb. When this was pointed out, Clara began to laugh and that chuckle translated through the Mr. Mike toy made it sound like there was something demonic inside my wife. I do not think I like the Mr. Mike toy.
In other news I downloaded an iPhone app yesterday that allows you to set a date and then the phone counts down the number of days until that date. As luck would have it, today is 200 days until October 26.
Oh, Brantley. I've missed your sense of humor- you do crack me up! Congrats on the baby!
ReplyDelete