
NIOSA is billed as "a four-night event that celebrates San Antonio's diverse cultural heritiage with 15 ethnic areas that serve fabulous in over 250 food booths and provides entertainment to over 85,000 revelers." What that description fails to mention is that 80,000 of those revelers are morbidly obese and wearing inappropriately revealing clothing while ravenously consuming fabulous foods from over 250 food booths. I, as you may have guessed, am not a fan of NIOSA but Clara is and so once a year I dutifully agree to go and spend an excruciating couple of hours seeing far more flesh than one man should ever be required to witness. Due to the fact that she is great with child, Clara felt going herself wasn't such a good idea, though she still craved chicken-on-a-stick and funnel-cake. Being as how here pregnancy is partially my fault, I agreed to enter this wretched hive alone. I went in with a list and came out with a sack containing various fried food items as well as a mild case of post-traumatic stress disorder.
If this be not love, then truly I know not what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment